A note to families from Eunice Kennedy Shriver, Founder of Special Olympics:
“Every Family is called upon to make sacrifices in the name of love, but families of Special Olympics athletes have done much, much more. Each day, they demand civil rights for their children that others take for granted: in education, employment and health. Families, we salute and commend you.”
To provide year-round activities for all families of Special Olympics athletes. These activities give families the opportunities to share experiences and knowledge, and to form friendships with other families. The goal is to create, promote and support Special Olympics families by establishing a state-wide family network.
What is Family Action Network?
The Family Action Network(FAN) creates, promotes and supports Special Olympics Georgia families by establishing a statewide family network. FAN also provides year-round activities for families of Special Olympics athletes. These activities give families the opportunity to share experiences and knowledge, and to form friendships with other Special Olympics families. Activities and socials are held during the 4 largest State Games. FAN encourages families to become involved through serving on local management teams, nominating families for recognition, and attending State Games.
F.A.N. supports you by:
1. Offering a block of rooms for Families at State Games at reduced rate.
2. Providing family ribbons at all SOGA State Games.
3. Providing recognition of a deserving family nominated by their peers once a year.
4. Providing networking opportunities and maintaining email list for monthly e-newsletter.
5. Offering 4 goodies bags to families or refreshments and resource materials at State Games.
Become a SOGA Family
Darrel Malloch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 770-414-9390 ext. 119