Special Olympics Georgia searches for athletes to share the story of Special Olympics with potential corporate sponsors, civic clubs and community groups. Athletes write speeches with a Global Messenger Speech Coaches, prepare for presentations and become responsible representatives of Special Olympics.
Global Messenger Job Description
Job Title: Global Messenger
Purpose: To promote, educate and inform about the mission, philosophy and benefits of Special Olympics through public speaking.
• work with speech coach in preparation for each presentation
• maintain contact with speech coach
• attend scheduled speeches and appearances
• represent Special Olympics in a professional manner
Time Requirements: approximately 10 – 15 hours per month
• commitment to the mission and philosophy Special Olympics
• participation in Special Olympics
• knowledge of public speaking
• ability to travel
• can express self verbally
• enthusiasm for Special Olympics
• ability to be understood when speaking
• time to prepare and make presentations
• sufficient communication skills
Supervisor: Global Messenger Speech Coach
If you’re interested in becoming a Global Messenger or have a loved one who is, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Each Global Messenger will need a speech coach and someone who can take the athlete to speaking engagements, which is usually a family member. You or the athlete in your life can start training today to be a Global Messenger. Click here.
Below is a sample of the places Global Messengers have spoken:
State Games Opening Ceremonies SEC Football Championship Fanfare
SEC Women’s Basketball Championship Fanfare Torch Run Kick-offs around the state
Knights of Columbus meetings Rotary Club meetings
Optimist Club meetings Stadion Athens Golf Classic
SuperValu Golf Tournament Georgia Chiropractic Association convention
Agnes Scott College Marietta Police Department Motorcycle Ride
Coca-Cola Special Olympics Summit Junior League of Dekalb County